September 6, 2008

Pirates of Silicon Valley

Silicon Valley - a big name that I have known since my primary school days, when my Malay Language teacher keeps exaggerating about how great and influential the place is in the area of technological innovations (and how my essay could have been marked better with the inclusion of some knowledge about Silicon Valley: that was the influence of Silicon Valley to me then); it never crossed my mind then that I will have the opportunity to be there one day.

I think I am getting more and more interested in this valley now especially after the trip...



Guess what, in the midst of studying in the library (for less than an hour), suddenly it struck me to watch Pirates of SV!
And there I go headed to the loan desk for the videotape!
Interesting indeed as the story revolves around the beginning of Apple Computer and Microsoft... how the wonderful invention called PCs got started and how it changed the world ever since then! Inspiring indeed...

Steve Jobs to John Sculley
(whom he convinced to be Apple CEO then):
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water to children, or do you want a chance to change the world?"

Somehow, its funny or I would say amazing how the movie really got me interested to find out more about Apple, Microsoft and specifically Steve Jobs & Bill Gates!
maybe having visited the places and knowing a little more about SV could be the reasons, I dont know...
but well, i am convinced, I will bring the 'i' into my life soon! as soon as I have the money... hah!
its only a matter of time!

well, i'll definitely get back there someday in future!

Do watch this interesting movie if you havent!

No comments: